Friday 4 May 2012

Race For Life; it's us against cancer!

CANCER.

This is one word, that worldwide, everyone dreads. Such an awful disease and even with today's technology, still has no cure. Cancer affects not only it's patients, but their family and friends too.


My Italian Grandma's life was taken by cancer when I was a very young little girl. Sadly I only have one memory of her and this was on her death bed the day before she passed away. My Italian Grandad also had cancer and lost his battle with it too. I was still very young but fortunately I have a few more happier memories of him. Earlier on this year, my favourite teacher at college was diagnosed with cancer and I have seen the affect it has had on her and her life. I'm not going to go into detail here as it is very personal to her. Seeing how cancer is affecting Debbie (my teacher) daily has motivated me to take part in Race For Life 2012.

For those who know me well know that I DO NOT run for anything! So my college friend Natalie and I put our names down to participate in Race For Life 2012 and we made a pact to run the whole thing for Debbie and all those affected by Cancer. We are officially crazy! We aim to raise as much as we possibly can because it's something that has touched our hearts first hand.

Natalie and I are running on the 10th June 2012 at 10:30am (UK time) so while you're all doing your own thing, spare a thought of us crazy ladies running haha! I'm dreading running for so long but I'm excited at the same time. It's for such a good cause too so all the sweat and blisters will be well worth it! If you feel that this is something you would love to take part in too, do not fear as it's not too late to sign up :D Oh and you don't have to run, you can walk it all if that's what you prefer. Here is the link if this does tickle your fancy: http://raceforlife.cancerresearchuk.org/index.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=MN_race_for_life&utm_campaign=_race_for_life_Broad

It's us against cancer!

Love, Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment